The Australian Conference of Economists 2023 Organising Committee invites the submission of abstracts of original work for consideration as Oral or Special Session Presentations.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION KEY DATES
|Call for Abstract Open||Wednesday, 20 December 2022|
|Call for Abstracts Close||Thursday, 30 March 2023|
|Acceptance Notification||Monday, 1 May 2023|
|Author Registration Deadline||Wednesday, 31 May 2023|
PRESENTATION FORMATS FOR ACE 2023
Full Paper/Oral Presentation: 30 minutes
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PREPARING AND FORMATTING YOUR ABSTRACT
- Abstracts must be submitted by uploading a PDF in eOrganiser.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English. Your abstracts must be print ready.
- Abstract must not exceed one A4 page.
- Do not include the title of your abstract or author names and affiliations in the document (abstract body only). These will be automatically populated on the final abstract document based on the details you entered into the relevant sections in the abstract submission site.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting author to ensure that the submission has been approved by all authors.
- The Organising Committee will not be responsible for any errors published.
CALL FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS
Abstract submission is a two-step process. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure your submission is uploaded into the portal correctly.
STEP 1: Create an author account
Firstly, you must create an account to upload an abstract. To begin, please click here to access the eOrganiser submission portal. Click the “Create an Author Account” link and enter your contact details. These details are required to create the account. Once you have created an account within this portal you can upload your submissions.
STEP 2: Submitting your abstract
Once you have logged into the abstract submission portal, click the ‘Submit’ button to access the submission page. You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- Indicate your preferred presentation type.
- Enter your paper title in the ‘Paper Title’.
- Enter your abstract in the text field.
- Add any additional emails to the email correspondence box (any email addresses entered here will be included in the correspondence emails that are sent to you).
- Enter the name and organisation of all Co-Presenters and Co-Authors.
- Ensure you indicate the presenting author(s) for the abstract and include a brief biography, the biography should be no more than 100 words.
GENERAL POLICIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- All abstracts must contain the original work of the presenting author(s).
- The presenting author must submit the abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted to the Conference Managers via eOrganiser by Thursday, 30 March 2023.
- Abstracts will not be accepted via fax, email, mail or USB/CD.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
- All presenting authors will be required to register and pay for the Conference by the author registration deadline of Wednesday, 31 May 2023 to ensure that their abstract(s) are included in the final program.
- It is the responsibility of the presenting author to ensure that the abstract is submitted correctly.
- After an author has submitted their abstract, they must check their submission to ensure the document has been uploaded correctly. Authors can check their submission by clicking on the viewing option in the submission form.
- The Conference Managers will not be held responsible for abstract submissions not received via the website or for submission errors caused by Internet services outages or other unforeseen events.
Each abstract will be assessed according to the following criteria:
- Relevance to a Conference.
- Relevance to the professional context of delegates.
- Potential to contribute to the body of knowledge.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE
Notification of acceptance will be sent via email to the submitting author by Monday, 1 May 2023. Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Organising Committee whose decision is final. All presenting authors must register and pay to attend the Conference.